Did you know Chesapeake Bay plates help restore the Chesapeake Bay and other natural resources of our region? Simply by purchasing a Chesapeake plate for only $20, car owners can show their support for the environment. And with the Plate Perks Program, you can make your $20 investment back quickly!
For only $20, you can purchase Treasure the Chesapeake license plates online and they will be mailed directly to your home. Your contribution is distributed through the non-profit Chesapeake Bay Trust in the form of grants to schools, community groups, and other not-for-profits for K-12 environmental education, restoration and protection of our waterways.
Our impact extends beyond feet of shoreline restored or number of trees planted: it is also measured in lives touched as people gain a new appreciation for the Bay and the land and water within its watershed.
See what your $20 can do!
- $20 can fund a life-changing outdoor experience for 2 students
- $40 can plant 4 native trees to improve air and water quality
- $75 can buy 150 wetland plants that protect precious habitat and prevent erosion
- $100 can remove 500 pounds of trash from local streams and rivers
Visit our Annual Reports page for a breakdown of funding by county.
The following vehicles are eligible to purchase the Treasure the Chesapeake license plate:
- Class A, passenger cars
- Class M, multi-purpose vehicle
- Class EFT, (Agricultural plate only)
- Class EPO, trucks up to 1 ton (up to 26,000 lbs.)
- Class G, trailer
Disability plates and personalized plates can also be made on the Chesapeake Bay Plate background.
There are two different ways to get your Chesapeake plate today:
You can order online here, or you can send the form in by mail (by downloading the PDF here) with a check or money order made payable to the MVA. Checks must include name and address, driver’s license number (soundex number), and home and/or work phone number.