The Chesapeake Bay Trust has been designated to receive federal funds from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as part of the Chesapeake Bay Program Goal Implementation Team Project Initiative. The work funded by this initiative advances outcomes identified in the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement. Each year, certain outcomes are chosen by the Chesapeake Bay Program as top priorities to address, and these stretch across all Goal Implementation Teams (GIT) and workgroups. For more information about the initiative, view how the Chesapeake Bay Program partnership is organized into committees, goal implementation teams, workgroups and action teams here.
What this funds: Consultant services to provide technical assistance to support Chesapeake Bay Program goals and outcomes. Specific outcomes from several management goals are identified as top priorities and are listed in the Request for Proposals (RFP). This funding is from the CFDA # 66.466.
This year, there are twelve (12) scopes of work identified as priority projects on which offerors may bid:
- Scope of Work 1: Improved Technical Service Delivery to Landowners: Achieving Multiple CBP Outcomes
- Scope of Work 2: Building a Bay-Wide Scorecard to Track Climate Resilience for Watershed Communities
- Scope of Work 3: Chesapeake Bay Striped Bass Nursery Habitat Assessment
- Scope of Work 4: Piloting the Development of Probabilistic Intensity Duration Frequency (IDF) Curves for the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Scope of Work 5: Development of the “Maryland Stream Crossing Design Guidance: A Fish-Friendly Stream Crossing Design Handbook”
- Scope of Work 6: Development of Technical Guidance Manual and Outreach Materials for Small-scale Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Restoration in Chesapeake Bay and its Tidal Tributaries
- Scope of Work 7: Targeted Local Outreach for Green Infrastructure in Vulnerable Areas
- Scope of Work 8: Increasing Diversity in the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership through Cultural Competency Training
- Scope of Work 9: Developing a Regional Outdoor Learning Network to Support MWEE Implementation
- Scope of Work 10: Correctional Conservation Collaborative: Achieving Pennsylvania Forestry Goals through Workforce Development
- Scope of Work 11: Implementation of Chesapeake Healthy Watersheds Assessment in Maryland’s Tier II Watersheds
- Scope of Work 12: Cross-outcome Watershed Educational Materials for Local Governments
Who can apply: Both not-for-profit entities (academic institutions, non-profit organizations) and for-profit entities are permitted to apply.
How much can be awarded: A maximum bid amount is listed for each scope of work included in the RFP.
Is match required: Match is encouraged but is not required.
Application Process: The Chesapeake Bay Trust’s applications are all submitted though an online system. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact this program’s manager, Sarah Koser at 410-974-2941, ext. 106.
Start a new application
Get started with a new application
Manage an Existing Contract
Manage an existing contract or application