The Chesapeake Bay Trust has been designated to receive federal funds from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as part of the Chesapeake Bay Program Goal Implementation Team Project Initiative. The work funded by this initiative advances outcomes identified in the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement. Each year, certain outcomes are chosen by the Chesapeake Bay Program as top priorities to address, and these stretch across all Goal Implementation Teams (GIT) and workgroups. For more information about the initiative, view the GIT Funding Newsletter.
What this funds: Consultant services to provide technical assistance to support Chesapeake Bay Program goals and outcomes. Specific outcomes from several management goals are identified as top priorities and are listed in the Request for Proposals (RFP).
Who can apply: Both not-for-profit entities (academic institutions, non-profit organizations) and for-profit entities are permitted to apply.
How much can be awarded: A maximum bid amount is listed for each scope of work included in the RFP.
Is match required: Match is encouraged but is not required.
Application Process: The Chesapeake Bay Trust’s applications are all submitted though an online system. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact this program’s manager, Abbi Huntzinger at 410-974-2941, ext. 106.
Projects funded to date and access to final reports:
(Projects listed below without links to final report are still in progress.)
- Forage fish indicator/metric development (FY14)
- CBSAC Research Needs (FY14)
- Striped bass health indicator development (FY14)
- Drivers of forage population trends and consumption patterns (FY15)
- Shell/habitat dynamics in oyster restoration and fishery management (FY16)
- Evaluation of environmental factors influencing blue crab populations (FY16)
- Accelerate wetland restoration in support of WIPs / GIT integration (FY14)
- Culvert Assessments for Fish Passage in Priority Watersheds Report (FY15) Supporting Documents: Appendices A-B, C, D, E, F-L
- Development of a decision support tool to inform black duck wintering habitat delivery goals taking current and future landscape conditions in the Chesapeake Bay watershed into consideration (FY15)
- Updates to the Chesapeake Fish Passage Tool (FY16)
- Watershed group and Citizen Monitoring of Fish Habitat/SAV (FY16)
- Increasing landowner participation in wetland restoration programs – information access and program cross-training
- Summarizing potential benefits of nutrient and sediment practices to reduce toxic contaminants (FY14)
- Quantify BMP Impact on each Management Strategy (FY15)
- Targeted Outreach Tools for Fish Consumption Advisories in Diverse Chesapeake Bay Communities (FY15)
- Assessing Multifunctional Riparian Forest Buffer Benefits (FY16)
- Development of Chesapeake Bay Technology Assessment Protocol for Manufactured Stormwater Treatment Devices (FY16)
- Assessing Benefits of Wastewater Treatment Plant Nutrient Control Upgrades on Toxic Contaminants (FY16)
- Identification of Additional Healthy Watersheds in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed portion of West Virginia (FY14)
- Evaluation of Land Use policy options, incentives and planning tools to reduce the rate of conversion of agricultural lands, forest and wetlands (FY15)
- Healthy Watersheds Forest/TMDL Project Phase II (FY15)
- Back Creek Watershed Demo- Getting Water Off of the Road (FY16)
- Methodology for developing high-resolution stream and waterbody datasets for the Chesapeake Bay watershed (FY16)
- Development of baseline indicator of citizen stewardship (FY14)
- Metrics finalization and state implementation plans/Environmental literacy planning (FY14)
- Leveraging local lessons / Development of a crowd sourced database as part of the Chesapeake Network to promote shared outreach and marketing case studies, results, and materials (FY14)
- Phase II: Development of Baseline Indicator of Citizen Stewardship (FY15)
- Public Access Data Quality Assurance and Application Integration (FY15)
- Promoting Meaningful Stormwater Mitigation on Urban/Suburban School Grounds (FY16)
- Phase III: Development of Baseline Indicator of Citizen Stewardship (FY16)
- Environmental Justice Screen (FY16)
- Assessment of Local Leadership Development Programs (FY14)
- Designing a Watershed Education Program for Local Elected Officials (FY15)
- Implementation Support for Local Official Watershed Education and Capacity Building (FY16)
- Cross-Goal Climate Resiliency Analysis and Decision-Making Matrix and Implementation Methodology (FY15)
- Development of Climate Change Indicators and Metrics for the Chesapeake Bay Program (FY16)
Currently closed. Check back for updates.
Manage an Existing Contract
Manage an existing contract or application