Now Hiring: Development and Communications Coordinator
The Chesapeake Bay Trust seeks a qualified candidate to serve as the Development and Communications Coordinator in the Development and Marketing Department. The Development and Communications Coordinator will assist with database management and donor cultivation, social media development, web content creation and management, newsletter production, media outreach, mailing and email list management, fundraising efforts, marketing campaigns and coordination and staffing of outreach events. This person will be a key member of a fifteen-person staff, helping to orchestrate the Trust’s development, marketing and communications efforts. This is a full-time salary position (40 hours per week) that requires periodic evening and weekend work. The Development and Communications Coordinator will report directly to Director of Development and Marketing.
Established in 1985, the Chesapeake Bay Trust is a non-profit, grantmaking institution dedicated to promoting public awareness and participation in the restoration and protection of the natural resources of Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay region. In the past decade, the Trust has increased its grantmaking four-fold through new partnerships, with current annual grant-making of $9-10 million.
- Manages the Trust’s development database (Raiser’s Edge), solicitation follow-up, donor management and recognition, and constituent correspondence.
- Assists with fundraising appeals, including message development, appeal design, tracking of donors and list segmentation.
- Manages online giving opportunities.
- Assists with key funding partnership development
- Coordinates events: Takes lead on registration, on-site efforts, volunteer solicitations, and marketing efforts. Assists with sponsorship and silent auction acquisitions.
- Assists with new development projects, programs, and initiatives as they are developed.
- Serves as the lead on several programs to market the Treasure the Chesapeake license plate program, including the Plate Perks program.
- Serves as the lead on the Trust’s social media efforts to promote several of the Trust’s funding sources.
- Drafts and designs marketing materials, social graphics and other promotional collateral.
- Updates and maintains the Trust’s websites, drafts and designs the Trust’s e-newsletters, and designs and manages printed newsletters for donors.
- Assists with media outreach and events, including public relations efforts and on-site activities, as well as tracks media coverage.
- Tracks grantee data for annual reporting.
- Coordinates the Trust’s annual awards program, including marketing of program and solicitation and review of applicants.
This position involves some travel (mostly within Maryland) and some evening and weekend hours.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to four years of experience in development, marketing and/or communications.
- Experience with databases, social media, web design and email communication tools.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to tackle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The right candidate must be exceptionally thorough and detail-orientated and enjoy analyzing donor data.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings in an office environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license required to facilitate site visit travel.
- Experience with various development techniques (such as donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship).
- Experience with graphic design, specifically In Design, and collateral development
Salary: $36,000-$42,000 with excellent benefits package including professional development opportunities.
Application Instructions and Deadline: Applications will begin to be reviewed on April 7, though the position will remain open until filled. Please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and place “Development and Communications Coordinator 1” in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please address your ability, based on your skills and experience, to accomplish the duties of the position in the three areas of development, marketing, and communications.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We encourage applications from people of color.