Prince George’s County Rain Check Rebate Program Intern
The Chesapeake Bay Trust (the Trust), a non-profit grant-making organization that promotes public participation in the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, seeks a programmatic intern for summer 2019 for approximately 40 hours per week. This position will play an important role in assisting the Trust’s programmatic team with administration of the Rain Check Rebate Program and grant related administrative tasks.
- Reports to the Rain Check Rebate Program Coordinator to support administrative duties as assigned;
- Assists with processing of Rain Check Rebate program applications;
- Assists with follow-up with Rain Check Rebate Program applicants to ensure all necessary documentation has been received for processing;
- Helps to complete Rain Check Rebate program site visits and administrative follow-up;
- Assists with related data entry into the Trust’s MicroEdge database;
- Supports grant administration for the Trust’s small grants programs;
- Field work to assess the success of small-scale community-based projects supported by the Trust; and
- An independent project of the intern’s choosing; to be selected relative to the Trust’s grant portfolio (if time allows).
Skills and Qualifications
- An undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student in environmental studies or a related field is preferred. Alternatively, students majoring in other fields must have an interest in environmental stewardship and residential stormwater management practices.
- Knowledge of environment, sustainability, and community engagement issues desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with property owners.
- Strong computer literacy is essential: MS Office; Excel; familiarity with database management is a plus.
- Some travel required (mostly to and from Prince George’s County to Annapolis, where the Trust office is located).
- Ability to work 40 hours per week required.
Compensation: $10.10 per hour, 40 hours per week.
Term: Summer 2019; June 1 through September 1, 2019; with a possibility to extend the term pending resource availability.
To apply, please submit: Cover letter and resume to Sarah Higgins; SHiggins@cbtrust.org and place “Programmatic Intern” in the subject line of the email. Applications will begin to be reviewed upon receipt. The position will remain open until filled.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.