Charles County Community
The Charles County Community Watershed Assistance Grant Program aims to provide accessible funds to organizations and agencies to build capacity within local groups to plan, develop, and design a variety of projects including but not limited to outreach and education programs, small community-scale watershed assessments and action plans, and stormwater best management practices (BMPs). All planning and design projects must aim to create projects that will be well positioned to request implementation funding through the Chesapeake Bay Trust’s Outreach and Restoration Grant Program in 2017 or other similar implementation programs.
What this funds:
- Track 1 – Outreach Program Development: The goal of projects in this track should be to develop outreach and education programming to raise public awareness and engagement in the challenges and solutions to restoring Charles County’s natural resources: local green spaces from urban to rural, parks, streams, rivers, and bays.
- Track 2 – Restoration Design: The goal of projects in this track should be to develop technical designs for stormwater best management practices (BMPs) that benefit both the community and the quality of one or more natural resources (example: native plants, trees, water).
- Track 3 – Outreach Program and Restoration Design: Projects in this track must combine the goals of Tracks 1 and 2.
Who can apply:
Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization such as local watershed groups, community associations, service and civic groups, faith-based organizations, and more. See the RFP for the full list or organizations.
Applications are welcome from organizations and agencies based outside of Charles County for work in Charles County, but all applications MUST have a local partner contributing to the project.
How much can be awarded:
- Track 1-Outreach Program Development: $5,001 to $7,500
- Track 2-Restoration Design: $5,001 to $12,500
- Track 3-Outreach Program and Restoration Design: $5,001 to $20,000
Is match required? Match is encouraged but is not required. Preference will be given to projects with match and/or in-kind services.
Deadline: March 13, 2017 at 5pm.
This grant program is currently OPEN. To view the RFP, click here.
Start a New Application
Get started with a new grant application
Manage an Existing Grant
Manage an existing grant or continue an application